Thursday, January 18, 2018

Alison Jr. Dollhouse Kit Build

I'mma tell you guys a secret.

I've always, ALWAYS, ALWAYYYYSS been obsessed with miniature things. 

That isn't a secret, Jordan. Stop trying to sound intriguing.


Growing up, the library in my hometown had this HUGE dollhouse behind glass and I always remember being so incredibly fascinated with the tiny furniture a teensy windows and ESPECIALLY THE TINY FOOD. ALWAYS THE TINY FOOD. Its always about the food with me...

Anyway, this long lost love of miniatures coupled with renting a home and my landlords not being on board with my need to knock out walls and go all Joana Gaines on the place (long live Queen Jo!), I decided living out my Pinterest fantasies through a dollhouse would be the next best thing. And also allow us to get our security deposit back. EVERYONE WINS!


A quick Google-y search quickly showed me that dollhouses aren't cheap. So I looked on Craigslist for a while, as well as eBay and Facebook Marketplace, and still never really found one 1. that was within my budget and 2. that I really liked. Then it dawned on me....Hooby Looby has dollhouses....and I could use a 40% off coupon!

So I took myself down to HL and bought the Alison Jr. Dollhouse Kit. Originally $149, my coupon took off $60! I wasn't sure if the dollhouses would be excluded from the coupons or not, so I tried it online before I went to the store, and was super happy to find out I could use it!


So I brought that puppy home, and put it together (minus the windows and doors) and its ready to get filled up with the contents of my entire Pinterest board! SHIPLAP HERE WE COME!


I'm super excited to share my maiden dollhouse voyage with you guys! Also, if you have a favorite miniature blog leave me a comment below!

t3


1 comment:

  1. I'm new to lil houses too so i don't have anything to offer but thx so much for the flooring diy! Can't wait to see what you do with this house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...